Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vintage Couture Heaven

Yesterday (Wednesday) Fab and I went to see The Golden Age of Couture exhibit in downtown Nashville! Unfortunately they don't allow you to take pictures of all of the amazing clothing, which made both Fab and I very sad...but I just couldn't do a post without showing you my favorite dress of all! So I searched the web and here she is, my most perfect dress ever....

Photo found here

It is Antonio del Castillo for Lanvin Castillo from 1957. Gahhh, isn't it a dream!?
Anyway, we managed to take some pictures outside the museum. The pretty building in the back is an old train station!




The rest or our day was filled with a wonderful lunch consisting of sandwiches and the best carrot soup ever! Then some vintage shop browsing, including Closet Case Vintage, where we visited Carmen. There were so many things I wish I could have taken home!!! Certainly a wonderful Wednesday at that! :O)

16 comments:

Solanah said...

Ooooooo. The Dior suit. I want it so bad.

Looks like an amazing exhibit, we never get anything fashion oriented here!

xoxo
Solanah

Rachel said...

That seems like a perfect place to spend an afternoon. I have never been to a fashion exhibit, but would love to, lucky girl!

A said...

Oh my, that black suit (and the dresses) is gorgeous. And I really like your dress, too! The colours are sweet. :-)

Bess Georgette said...

I wish I could visit that exhibit!
When I went to the Valentino exhibition in Brisbane they wouldn't let you take photos either. Or, let me touch the dresses! ;)

Monte Amelia said...

Both of you look the cutest. Those pieces are making my mouth water.

pumps & luiers said...

I'm jealous - that trip looks so perfect - you always go to these cool places!

Anonymous said...

Your rainbow coloured dress is stunning! I'm so in love with it. :)
xx, Alice

Casey Maura said...

I am so envious you got to see that exhibit!!! ;) It looks so amazing from what I've seen floating around the web...

Love your dress too!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Leire said...

What an amazing dress! Antonio del Castillo was an amazing Spanish designer, born in Madrid, where I do live now! You both look lovely as always, and I love your stripe dress!

Miy said...

My oh my.. what a trip! Would really love to visit those places too!

Love

The Picnic Girl

Fabiola "Fab" said...

I have to borrow that dress!
It was such a perfect day! :)

Anonymous said...

We never get anything like that going on where I am, because I'm soo out in the countryside... but that looks like lots of fun! The railway station is really beautiful, the perfect backdrop I'd say :) you two look lovely as always, picture perfect.

Fickle Sense said...

lovely outfits! Looked like it was a fantastic exhibit. the dresses are beautiful.

Nicole Trundle said...

Love your vintage looks, they are quite something :)

Sending some beauty blogging love ♥
http://thepowerandbeauty.blogspot.com/

MarieBayArea said...

what a lovely place. you and fab are perfection!

Passport Smiles said...

Ha! This is so funny. I just posted about this exhibit, and, since they allowed no pictures, I took photos at the same spot as you outside the museum! You can see it here..

P.S. I loved the photography of the exhibit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...